Home

       About

       Gallery

       Mek Shop

       Tutorials

       Battle Reports

       Tactics

       Commissions •

       Online Store

       Bits 'n Pieces

       Contact Me

       Links

       

       

     

Salamanders Captain - project finished on 3/10/09

 
Customer: Tom Pearson

Project Outline: Salamanders Chapter Space Marine Captain to be created by altering the Pedro Kantor model.

 

Construction and Conversion

The first thing I did was remove all the Crimson Fist iconography. Most of it was in areas too small for a Dremel or even a file... which meant shaving it all down with an exacto knife.

After that was done, I cut the right foot away from the tab that fits into the base and raised it a bit. I wedged a piece of slate under his foot and textured the base.

I swapped out the metal sculpted banner for a plastic one from a marine kit. I'll freehand paint the back banner.

At this point, the model is ready for primer.

 
Painting

I've been itching to freehand a banner for a while, so I figured I'd start with that.

Here's the Captain pretty much complete.

I changed the back banner to incorporate the Company number "IV".

 

Shot of the right shoulder pauldron with a flame motif common amonst the Salamanders Chapter.

I've also incorporated the Company Number "IV" on the powerfist as well.

Shot from the back showing the ammo pack for the storm bolter.

Here's the left side with the Salamanders Chapter Icon.

Aside from clearcoat and static grass, he's nearly good to go.

Here's one final shot before clearcoat. I added "Vulkan", the name of the Salamanders' Primarch, to the banner on his lower right leg.

 

 
Completed Model

Here he is, good to go with clearcoat and static grass.

I'm still messing around with my camera settings trying to get the most accurate depiction of the colors. I think these final shots of this model are the closest I've come so far.

 

Left side showing the Chapter insignia and storm bolter.

 

Right side rear showing the powerfist and ammo.